Thumbs up for the new arm fit




I brought the muslin (with one revised armscye) to dinner last night at Brian and Martin’s.  They both agreed that the fit was better on the altered arm, so I returned home today to complete the other side.  I’ve altered the sleeve patterns more than any other part.  They’re now shorter and   wider both at the cuff and the shoulder.  I think you can see how much I’ve cut and taped the pattern.  I figured just to be safe I’d cut them out from scratch one last time.  I’m glad I did, since the 2 pieces didn’t line up over the sleeve cap at all.  I’m getting less intimidated by the alterations, so I just trimmed the extended sleeve section off by eye. This has all been good practice for setting in the sleeves.  I think I’ve done it 5 times so far.  Practice makes perfect.   

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.