I need to get caught up with all the progress that I’ve made. I actually have a coat that I can put on, not that I exactly want to wear a wool coat in the middle of summer. The major pieces went together easily and I used my Bishop Method book which emphasizes sewing in the proper direction. Shoulder seams are sewn outward, vertical seams are sewn bottom to top. I don’t ask why, I just do what Edna says. After setting in the sleeves I beefed up the shoulders by hand sewing a 6″ and 4″ bias strip of wool over the sleeve cap. This really helped smooth out the sleeve cap. The coat, as designed, is unlined so I had to develop patterns for a lining. I used the sleeve patterns as is. The back was cut on the fold allowing for a 1″ center back pleat. The front lining required some calculating, but again the Bishop Method book was a big help. Because I want the lining to be free moving I needed to attach the leather toggles and tabs before attaching the lining to the coat. Each leather tab took well over 1/2 hour to sew on. 4+ hours of hand sewing later I’m just about ready to put the whole thing together. I just want to tweek some of the seam binding in the hood, and rip out and re-do a front seam where the lining and front facing connect. I sense being in the home stretch of this project. I’ve found a trench coat sew-along blog, and even though I’d be way behind everyone, I may jump in with my bargain olive green stretch denim.